Saturday, January 5, 2008

Training Day 1 - The Things We Learned

Our first day of training for the Rock n Roll Marathon. What dedication (or, as Clarence said, what kind of craziness) is that. It rained today...not just a little light rain...but full on, downpour rain. The photo (blurry) was taken after our run.

Other things we learned:

1. Alice needs to take Elsie’s old phone number off her her contact list so that she doesn’t have to wake up the Wusband in the morning.

2. We are all cars, and have to be careful about what we put into us.

3. Betty has the best headlights. Alberta will now be known as “bumper.”

I don’t know about you all, but I was chilled even after a 30 minute shower. I did already start some “Active Recovery” though...and that’s helped.

Feel free to post your comments and/or recollections of the day for us to share. I’m sure I missed a few.
2 Comments

Clarence
You know... for the first day of training I actually had a lot of fun. The reason the picture is blurry is because Cindi had her iPhone stuck down her pants- "flat cold and hard- not a good feeling". :) Love you ladies!
Sunday, January 6, 2008 - 10:21 AM

Anonymous
Yeah - as much as I wanted to do some Active Recovery, I'm up in Corona watching TV on a blurry TV with our HD one at home. I've got a cold and a sore throat! I think carrying an extra 10 pounds during the run can take a toll after awhile. However, the highlight for me was my thoughts of Leslie having Bart over! We've got some nice sports cars in training!
Sunday, January 6, 2008 - 10:53 AM

Add a Comment



Saturday, January 5, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment