Thursday, May 8, 2008

Have you ever nursed....

... an Apple?

Gwenneth Paltrow has...(and thanks to Betty for pointing out to us this Chris Rock introduction)

This all lead to Betty, Alberta, Elsie and me pondering other intimate object-type names that could possibly nursed such as:

Denver
Dallas
Montana
a Pearl
a Rose
Homer
A Candy

Think about it...we could all look down our class lists and find humorous nursing names/objects. What’s your favorite?...

These are the lengths we’ll go to be entertained while running 800's on Tuesday nights... This past Tuesday, I was slightly sad after having run the 5th 800 and thinking that I’d already run 6 of them (only two more, right? I shouted to Betty…No, we still have three more. Aw…geez)

Still, doing 800’s isn’t so bad when you’re listening to Prince (“Baby I’m a Star) or Dave Matthews Band (“Ants Marching) or Queen (“Fat Bottomed Girls”) or Lil John & East Side Boyz (“Get Low” – from BBJ’s playlist, which is still the nastiest song…but it makes me laugh).

I do think I scared a woman who I was running behind. I must have been breathing really LOUDLY, because she looked COMPLETELY startled when she saw me…but that might have also been because I had snot running MESSILY down my face (leftovers from the weekend cold). I’m sure I looked FABULOUSLY HOT! (I had to get a few more adverbs in there)

20 miles this weekend??? I don’t know, but I’m gonna try. I’m hoping the weather stays cool.

By the way, here's the group photo sent to me from the Race for Literacy Run this weekend...I gotta get a new pose...and I'm reminded why I never wear t-shirts to run in...



Alice

2 comments:

  1. Others that have been nursed-

    London
    Porsche
    Mercedes
    Chico or a Chico stick
    Kiki
    Skye
    Ace

    I'm sure I have more... so this begs a new game... "would you rather".

    Would you rather nurse an apple or a Mercedes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the traditional:
    Cold
    Hangover
    Feeling
    Grudge
    Shark
    Drink
    OK I know I changed the game

    ReplyDelete