After a very light week of not-really-running because we had HARRY POTTER PREMIERE SHOW plans* and because the lil' sis in the OC needed some tech support for a new computer she recently purchased, and because I am here to serve and all, and because I went to the OC to assist my lil'sis, which lead to not getting to run on Saturday, which was fine since it poured rain all day anyway, and EVEN MIK, who is a complete DIE HARD ATHLETE decided to run on Friday afternoon and not Saturday, and who avoided the rain, despite ALL OF THIS, I finally got onto a dreadmill on Sunday and what happens? (Damn Faulkner would be PROUD!)
All I know now is that my achilles tendon is relatively swollen and I don't like what THAT means.
So, I guess the somewhat good news is that, at least, I don't have a 1/2 Mary looming on the near horizon, so I guess I have some time to ease off and recover.
But still...WTF is up with the feet?
So, in the interest of posting something on this blog, yet having no heffer-stories or running tales to regale with, I'm left with this bullet-post of quickies of other sampling (that's what SHE said) of other shiz in my life...
- I logged an unimpressive 7 miles last week.
- Walter and I (and DramaGirl and Turbo) waited several hours to to see the premiere show of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at midnight on Thursday. This effort pretty much EXHAUSTED ME for the remainder of the weekend.
|The Line for HP. We were actually near the front of it.|
|Several electronic devices (and plenty of sugar and caffeine) were required to stay awake to the START of the midnight show|
|Me and DramaGirl...I'm thinking I look the most tired|
- The SoCal sky, after a rainstorm is beautiful.
|I think I see a Snoopy dog and a flower in those clouds.|
- In a rainstorm, I can cross the San Diego river in my SUV. Yes, Virginia, there is a San Diego River, and yes, it rises every time it rains.
|After I saw a Honda Civic cross the river at Fashion Valley, I figured I could do it in my Honda Pilot...|
- I walked into my office this morning, only to discover that someone else had been in there over the weekend and had walked away with my keyboard and mouse, which left my computer functionless.
- I have LOADS of shopping to do for the Turkeyfest on Thursday and haven't started THAT yet
- Christumkkah starts in 8 days and I've done NOTHING for that holiday yet either.
- We went to a Himalayan restaurant for my BILs bday last night. This was dessert. Milk Balls. They were delicious.
|OK. I admit it, I took the first bite.|