|Previous weekend, I was running on that road...|
|No blue sky (on the Laurel Street Bridge going into Balboa Park)|
|Everybody gets some breakfast. (No, we did not offer mimosas to the baby...geeesh)|
|Is she gorgeous, or WHAT! (Betty loves babies)|
We've got 8 to 9 miles planned for this weekend and Mik and I also have a plan to do more circuit training (squats, lunges, and core work) to train for this race. I'm hoping that doing strenght training will help me get past that 11 mile barrier that I've faced the past several half-marathons.
Ihave no doubt that Mik has been diligent about her strength this week, but me?
Kinda like the running...Not so much.
In other life-randomness, in this post that is in search of a point, or an overarching theme, or hopefully, at least, a reasonable transition from one idea to the next, I can share the following:
- HBO-GO may be the most evil iPad AP ever because now I can watch ALL of the episodes Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm as I lie in bed, which has kept me up and away from sleep too many times these past two weeks.
- I've started wearing a mouth guard because, apparently, I clench my teeth as I sleep (surprised by this? I didn't think so). I don't like it.
- Father's Day is this weekend, and for the first time EVER I am prepared and will NOT be running around in a panic on Saturday!
- I can loose 6 pounds in 10 days on the South Beach Diet, and gain most of it back in two when I start eating carbs again. I know this because this is what I did yesterday and today.
- Betty got a bib to the Napa to Sonoma half...and is all legit because she paid the transfer fee and so she gets to run as Betty this time, and not as Tiger or some other random pseudonym.
It was bound to happen eventually...you're booking agent and travel organizer has made a whopper of an error.
I THOUGHT that I'd made a reservation for all of us at Embassy Suites in Napa. I have several emails to all of you saying that I was going to do that...The truth is, I think the herd would stay in a Motel 6 if I booked a room there. I'm the one with the "minimum hotel" requirements.
Then we got the email that we got into Nike, and so I switched my attention to booking rooms/flights to San Fran.
Oh...then I probably went and taught a class or something.
Anyway, I was checking to confirm things this morning, and I couldn't find a hotel reservation for Napa. I called Embassy Suites, and they don't have a record of it either AND they are sold out!
So...I booked two rooms at the Double Tree in American Canyon...although I may change it. It's not in Napa...it's in American Canyon, which is farther away, although it looks nice... GAH!
Stay tuned. Our trip to Napa should be quite the adventure!