On the other hand, I suspect I'd drive my family nuts if I really had days on end with nothing to do. Although I like to admit that I am quite lazy, that admittance would be quite false. Having nothing to do SEEMS like such a lovely plan, but I know from my own experience, that lazing around is something that I can do for a little while (like when I have a good book to read or something like that), but even then, I go a little stir crazy after awhile (unless it is a REALLY good book...and the trouble with that is that I read pretty fast, so most REALLY good books are finished pretty darn quickly)...
So, where am I going with this?
Oh yeah...Why I haven't blogged in a week...
Instead of blogging, I...
- Went to a Heffer Happy Hour at Mona's house (aka The Vortex) in which we did arts and crafts and drank Mona's very dangerous Sangria.
|We did "Shaving Cream Art"|
|Which resulted in some really cool cards and stuff that looked like this|
|Despite this... (full disclosure...we did the crafts early in the evening)|
- Hosted a Father's Day Brunch at our house for all the Dad's in Walter's family
|All the Dads...and Walter's sister Sally...in hats.|
- Ran 9.5 miles with Betty on Monday (if it's summer in SoCal, Betty and I are running at The Bay)...actually a respectable 9.32 miles in 1:39:29 (10:33 pace)
Pink-hat guy promised me he'd tag me on Facebook (uh...no you won't dude, cuz I'm really NOT telling you my name), but if you see a picture like on YOUR friend's page, then yes it was me. Pink-hat guy was from Kentucky, or at least that's what Betty and I surmised from the plates on the car he got into.
Speaking of the car, Pink-hat dude and the girl he was with went back and sat in aforementioned car with KY plates for several minutes. Car off. Windows up. Doors shut. AND it was FREEKIN' HOT outside (questions about what Betty and I were doing running in the mid day heat will be answered at a future time).
Back to bullets...other non-bloggy things I have done include:
- Playing the role of Personal Assistant and Hair Stylist for DramaGirl, who is in a youth theatre production of Once Upon a Mattress.
|DramaGirl...getting ready for the play...gotta love the hot-rollers, yes? They are OLD SCHOOL!|
- Have volunteered to move set pieces for two of the play's dress rehearsals this week...will work at two of the "real shows" tomorrow and Saturday.
- Tried to run on the 'mill last night (2 miles...GAH!) and it was so HUMID that I had to stop (even indoors it was), that and I had to hurry to get to....
|OPENING NIGHT!!!! (some seriously camera shy teenagers)|
- Ran at Lake BP tonight...for anyone local, the temporary fence is down and you can go all the way to the bullseye! (I didn't). My legs felt like LEAD the whole way, but I still ran a respectable 4.6 miles in 49 minutes (10:30 pace)....BTW...a really good way to run FAST at the end of a run is to park inside a park that says it closes it's gates at 8pm...and realize that you have less than 10 minutes to run the last mile to get back to your car. Yep, that'll do it!
- I may rue the day I said this...but I don't think the city REALLY closes the park gates at Lake BP at 8pm...I left the lot at 8:04 tonight and I didn't see a park person ANYWHERE. Liars!
OK...so that's what I've been up to...trying to keep up with the running (after all, we have another half-marathon to run in three weeks!) I'm gearing up for an 11 mile run this weekend.
I'm going to try to catch up on my blog-reading tonight (although, I will admit that HBO-GO is a VERY DANGEROUS TIME SUCKING APP...and I'm still staying up way too late watching shows that I'd missed.