Friday, March 9, 2012

Call me Quasi

I had a root canal on Tuesday. I've known people who've had root canals and gone back to work the same day. I hate those people right now.
You could call me Quasimodo this week
Or maybe Marlon
see the resemblance?
BECAUSE that is not how dental work seems to work for me. What started off as a toothache last Friday, became a really effing bad toothache over weekend, which became an OMFG I need to see a dentist NOW toothache on Monday, that resulted in an emergency root canal on Tuesday morning, which didn't really improve things so I had to go in yesterday morning AGAIN for a SECOND opening of the tooth at which time I had a complete sobbing melt-down in the endodontist's office as a result of the frustration and pain.

In short, it's been a pretty sucky week. I seem to be OK on the pain front right now (tylenol 3 + ibuprofen is a beautiful thing). But it's not like I've been able to run or ride this week. Pretty much, I've just slept.

So...on Sunday, I'm supposed to do the Senorita Century (100K - a metric century), and I'm still planning on riding. But I may just do the 40 mile ride instead. I'll take along some ibuprofen and tylenol (not the tylenol 3 stuff...that seems a little risky) and see how it goes.

I'd really like my old face back though.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I promise not to tell you about my dental adventure (that pic wasn't the only incident) if you promise not to hate me. I admit, you don't look like you're having much fun.

    The bike ride may be better than you think. Sometimes getting the blood circulating and getting in fresh air does good things for pain management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had so much dental work over my years it's like second hand for me. But, the pain is always incredible, for sure!

    A month or so ago now, I fell while running, cracked a tooth super bad-bad enough to have to have it pulled the same day! Then "the hole" got infected, which led to my spit gland (yes, these exist!) in my cheek got infected....yeah, that was quite the week for me!

    Hang in there, all things heal up! Good luck on the ride-I agree with Keith, you may surprise yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about that. next time, ask them for valium. it won't make it hurt less, but you won't care so much. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, poor YOU! Nothing hurts more than a toothache. Keep popping those Tylenol and continue to sleep, that means you're healing...get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my sympathy. I had a root canal this summer ... they definitely rank low on the fulfillment scale.

    ReplyDelete