Friday, December 5, 2008

Sweetness

OK...yesterday's rant is evidence of why drunk-blogging is a very bad idea... And while I am thinking about writing an eloquent ode to running at some point in the near future, it's not quite jelled yet.

Luckily, as I was trolling my fave-blogs tonight, I came across this on Run Jojo Run (hooray...salvation for us all!). My biggest issue is that I had to figure out how to do a strikethrough on Blogger... Let's just say that I had to edit in html (not fun). If there's an easier way...please, someone let me know.

Thank goodness there's not a lot that I wouldn't eat (behave yourselves!)...

Anyway, onto the sweetness...

How the Sweet 100 Works:

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.

1. Red Velvet Cake
2. Princess Torte
3. Whoopie Pie
4. Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar
5. Beignet
6. Baklava
7. Black and White Cookie
8. Seven Layer Bar (also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars)
9. Fried Fruit pie (sometimes called hand pies)
10. Kringle
11. Just-fried (still hot) doughnut
13. Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy (I'm pretty sure I've had a buckle)
14. Halvah
15. Macarons
16. Banana Pudding with nilla wafers
17. Bubble tea (with tapioca “pearls”)
18. Dixie Cup - Though we always called them Hoodsie Cups.
19. Rice Krispie treats
20. Alfajores
21. Blondies
22. Croquembouche
23. Girl Scout cookies
24. Moon cake
25. Candy Apple
26. Baked Alaska
27. Brooklyn Egg Cream
28. Nanaimo bar
29. Baba au rhum
30. King Cake
31. Sachertorte
32. Pavolva
33. Tres Leches Cake
34. Trifle
35. Shoofly Pie
36. Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime)
37. Panna Cotta
38. New York Cheesecake
39. Napoleon/mille-fueille
40. Russian Tea Cake/Mexican Wedding Cake
41. Anzac Biscuits
42. Pizzelle
43. Kolache
44. Buckeyes
45. Malasadas
46. Moon Pie
47. Dutch Baby
48. Boston Cream Pie
49. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
50. Pralines
51. Gooey butter cake
52. Rusks (same thing as zwieback)
53. Daifuku
54. Green tea cake or cookies
55. Cupcakes from a cupcake shop
56. Creme Brulee
57. Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake)
58. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting
59. Jelly Roll
60. Pop Tarts
61. Charlotte Russe (Is that a dessert? I thought it was a clothing store! Who knew?)
62. An “upside down” dessert (Pineapple upside down cake or Tarte Tatin)
63. Hummingbird Cake
64. Jell-O from a mold
65. Black forest cake
66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)
67. Kulfi
68. Linzer torte
69. Churro
70. Stollen
71. Angel Food Cake
72. Mincemeat pie (Yeah...but yuk!)
73. Concha
74. Opera Cake
75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
76. Pain au chocolat
77. A piece of Gingerbread House
78. Cassata
79. Cannoli
80. Rainbow cookies
81. Religieuse
82. Petits fours
83. Chocolate Souffle
84. Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
85. Rugelach
86. Hamenstashen
87. Homemade marshmallows
88. Rigo Janci
89. Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc)
90. Divinity
91. Coke or Cola cake (only because DramaGirl made one last month!)
92. Gateau Basque
93. S’mores
94. Figgy Pudding
95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert
96. Joe Froggers
97. Sables
98. Millionaire’s Shortbread
99. Animal crackers
100. Basbousa

14 comments:

  1. I don't know what "joe froggers" are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe it when I saw Joe Froggers on this list!!!! Someone from New England DEFINITELY made it!

    Joe Froggers are cookies that are big and round like lily pads. The origin is in Marblehead, Massachusetts (my home town!) - a small fishing/sailing community north of Boston.

    The Legend of Joe Froggers: A couple known as Aunt Crease and Black Joe lived at the edge of a pond in Marblehead, Massachusetts. Joe had fought in the Revolution as a young man. On election night, they would open their house, which on occasion was also a local tavern, and serve grog. Joe would play the fiddle and Aunt Crease would cook.
    One of her specialties was a molasses cookie the size of a modern-day salad plate. She made them for fishermen, who found they stored well in barrels during long sea voyages.
    In the early 1800s, the election took place at the end of May, a time when frogs were peeping in the pond, and by association the cookies were called Joe's Froggers. Over time the possessive was dropped, and the name today is Joe Froggers.

    And one last fun fact...I learned to ice skate and spent many winters on Black Joe's pond :)

    Ahhh....memory lane....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a Charlotte Russe at a Charlotte Russe store opening. :)

    Now I'm craving desserts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. giggling at the drunk blogging. Im soososososo glad that there was not internet when I was in my heyday in college. it would have been badugly.
    twitter? email? blogging?
    *I cringe at the thought*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I was clueless on Joe Froggers myself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned about joe froggers...I learn sumfin on blogs all the time.

    About the crossing off it is an html pain in the you know what, but looks cool LOL!

    now i am off to eat sweets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well whaddayaknow, I thought Charlotte Russe was named after a person, not a confection, too. My daughter even worked there during summers and never knew that.

    You certainly have an adventurous sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still don't know what a whoopie pie is...and not sure I'd eat something named that...unless of course, its covered in sugar, chocolate and/or whipping cream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you must be very adventurous to have crossed out only 1 item. The bee sting confection gets me - i wonder what that is, honey and chiles?

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a lot on this list that I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what half of those things are! Man, I need to get out more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are a few things on the list that I don't know of, but if it is sweet or baked I have probably eaten it and to great excess.

    Hope your end of the semester is going well. Mine sucks the big one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you ever come to Atlanta, I'll take you to get the best Tres Leches Cake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You haven't lived until you have had a deep fried twinkie or snickers.

    ReplyDelete