Reasons that I shouldn't feel too bad about not being able to run for the next few weeks:
- It gives me time over the holidays to focus on family
- I get to ride my bike...A LOT
- I get to ride my bike around the bay on day s like this..
Yes, I know the east coast is recovering from almost a complete shut-down due to the BIGGEST 'EFFING SNOW STORM SINCE 2003..
4. After I rode on Saturday, I still got to have breakfast with the herd (who was running).
Reasons that it completely sucks that I cannot run for the next few weeks:
- This winter break was SUPPOSED TO BE my new start at getting back into running shape.
- Due to no running, this weekend I missed SDTC's Candy Cane Lane Run (which RunDMZ's fabulous Anne organized).
- On Saturday morning, when I was riding in the (admittedly) fabulous SoCal winter weather, there were TONS of peeps running and I hated them all. I'd watch them all land on their left food with an extraordinary amount of envy.
- No running = immediate weight gain = I cannot eat whatever I want.
Other than that, I really have nothing to whine about. Oh strike that...I can ALWAYS find something to whine about, but I'll spare you.
I still have a little holiday shopping to do. I did a marathon shopping excursion yesterday (my style...two days, get it ALL done) and the foot felt OK through most of it, which I think is a good sign.
I keep having to promise myself that I WILL NOT start running until after January 13 and the doc tells me it's OK too, no matter how good I think my foot feels. This is quite grown-up thinking for me. Perhaps I am turning over a new leaf?