- My conference friends, who laugh at my jokes and make inappropriate comments throughout the day (why is it that ALL of my friends have this talent).
Conference BFFs Erick, Jami, Kathy and Me...
- Why is it that all of my BFFs have the relative maturity of 12 year olds, and all conversations degenerate eventually into discussions that include words like "girth." The fact that Erick teaches Human Sexuality at his college certainly didn't help matters.
- At one point, Erick was making a point about his HS class and started giving more information than the presenter hoped for...I really wanted her to say "Erick, you're being premature," but she didn't. If she had, I'd have really lost it; instead, I only partially lost it when I shared my observation with Jami
- Four hours of sleep makes Alice really punchy, thus it doesn't take too much to keep me entertained.
- Even though by the end of the conference day, I could barely keep my eyes open, I decided to go to the workout room and get some time in on an elliptical. In fact, this probably saved me in the long run because I did not want to get back to my hotel room, crash, wake up hungry at 10pm, then be screwed because my sleep schedule would be WAYYYY off.
- Instead, I worked out, had a glass of wine and a fabulous dinner with Kathy at a local Italian restaurant called Umbria, and got a good night's sleep.
- My computer works just fine now...no water damage at all.
- I woke up this morning to text messages from Betty, who ran the SuperRun 10K this morning in the San Diego rain.
Today is our one-year anniversary of running with Mik, so Happy Anniversary Mik!
- Penny just called me to let me know that she felt like a pack rat walking around the Surf City Expo with 6 bags. We discussed parking strategies. I think this is going to work!
- I'm sitting in the SF Airport, and it appears that my flight is going to leave on time.
- My cab ride to the airport was only $32, so the A-hole cab driver from the other night DID get a tip.
Boarding now. Next post will be a Surf City race report...and a recap of the comedy that was Betty gets a bib, which I haven't told yet.