Monday, January 10, 2011

There are worse places to be

I'm down to my last week of Winter break, so I'm gonna make it a good one. This morning my car drove me down to Mission Beach for a run. I ran 4 miles/10:58 ave pace... Actually, my pace was all over the place. It took me awhile to warm up and settle in. Then I had to stop and pee, which slowed me down. I feel like, on these shorter runs, I want to be closer to a 10:30 pace, but after Saturday's long run, I just wasn't feeling it.

On the other hand, who cares if you run slow?...

After running, I went and sat for awhile at the beach. (Actually, I'm writing this post from the beach, which is giving me some interesting verb tense issues...) I said "hello" to a couple of kids who were visiting from Vancouver for a lacrosse tournament, and laughed at the tourists who think it's warm enough to go in the ocean today when the air temp is about 55F and the ocean temp is about 58F... On the other hand, one of the Vancouver boys told me that he had 10 inches of snow in his front yard, so it's all relative I guess...

Crazy tourists


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

  1. We're expecting 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow. No worries though since it will warm up to about 30 degrees this weekend. All this means that I would be a crazy tourist too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 inches last night with freezing rain before and after the snow. The city is shut down. I wouldn't go swimming, but I would be in shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was in the mid-60s last week when we visited the beach with some visiting family, and I thought it was frigid out, but there were people in bikinis hopping into the waves, so you're right: It is all relative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally be in that water. After all, water is strictly a mineral here right now. Air temp is about 13 C, so that's a nice cool day.

    I just love it when blog or facebook buddies post pics of the beach. Can't get enough this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're supposed to get 10 inches (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!1!) tomorrow and into Wednesday. So I'm jealous of your beach time but if the fucking 10" gets me out of work, I say GIMME TEN INCHES!1!

    I DON'T EVEN CARE IF THAT MAKES ME SOUND LIKE A HORNY WHOO-WER!1! In fact, I prefer it ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup! I'd be in the water too!

    PS/you're right...I am "sounding" happier these days aren't I?!! Thanks for noticing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alice, it's been awhile :-) Yeah, 55 was kinda cold, eh? This weekend should be back to normal.... 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 55 degrees sounds like heaven right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 55 degrees sounds like straight up spring weather to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a beautiful day, wasn't it?

    On a different note, I really need to learn how to post on my phone. I may not go weeks without posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have I mentioned that I'm in Canada, we have snow, it was -27C as I headed out for my run this morning, and I'm totally jealous of your weather, and beach surroundings! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete