- Alice is not my real name (AkaAlice - get it?)
- Alice is a pseudonym that was given to me by my husband, Walter (also not his real name). He started calling me this when we were driving through Texas and Mississippi the summer before we got married, and shall we say that I was NOT a happy camper in all that heat and humidity. Thus, "Alice" (like Ralph Kramden, "to the moon Alice") was born.
- I'm not sure how I came up with Walter. It just seemed to go with Alice.
- Alice is also my heffer name. We all have pseudonyms...This all happened before I started blogging.
- My real name is Cindi (many of you already know this because I befriended you on Facebook and had to explain who I was).
- When you gotta pee, you gotta pee...
So now there's this...
Betty made this sign to identify the "bush" that I had to use as a potty stop a few weeks back before a long bike ride (probably the last flat tire incident ride). It's located next to the freeway and is also a great place to park, so Mik started calling it Cindi's bush...
- We'll meet at Cindi's bush
- We'll start the ride from Cindi's bush
So now it has a sign. If you're in San Diego, you can find it on Santa Fe street, behind the In-and-Out Burger (and for those who are not from SoCal or the West, yes that is the real name of the burger place and it has NOTHING to do with the bush).
Oh yeah...Clarence and I rode 25 miles this morning, including up Torrey Pines! Betty and Mik rode a bit farther 45 miles - up to Carlsbad and back!! We came back and had mimosas, so all is good with the world.
I promise to stop whining about my injuries...and thanks to everyone who has been so kind and supportive and completely wonderful in their comments. Running bloggers are the best (or blogging runners I suppose!)
Happy 4th everyone!
Some unattributed footnotes (for Glavin)
* There's a great giveaway today on Tall Mom on the Run's Blog. Check it out!!!!
** I'm also linking back to NikeMom's Foto Friday, which is being hosted this week by Michelle at Running Down a Dream (great blog name BTW)!
*** This is probably the last time you'll see me reference my real name on this blog, unless of course something else gets named after me.