Well...ya know how how I have this little, itsy-bitsy tendency to overbook myself? That would be this week. I have two rather large projects that need to be finished before Friday, but before I get started on THAT treadmill, I'll talk about the other 'mill called my life.
- DramaGirl "promoted" on Friday morning. She gave a very nice speech, which made Walter and I very proud. The rest of the day involved food, and driving her and her friends from place to place so that they could change clothes because one of her friend's parents had rented a friggen' HUMMER LIMO to take them around town for a few hours. (geez...the life huh? Go ahead and make disparaging comments about it, I know I have!)
|DramaGirl and Friend at Breakfast... We went to a place called Hash House a Go Go...which serves OBSCENELY large portions.|
- Saturday night, a bunch of "the dads" (Walter, two of his brothers and his dad) and the family went to a Padres game to watch them lose. Actually, the loss was quite a surprise to me. I don't go to that many games, but EVERY SINGLE GAME I've been to in the last four or five years, they've won. Which is saying something since they've pretty much sucked for the last few years...
|LOL at the "O'Hare of the Dog" menu item and No, the girls were NOT allowed to order it.|
|You know who...|
|G-pa and Bro-in-law (for several reasons which I shall not divulge here, I call bro-in-law "El Diablo.")|
- The patio is finished....now onto landscaping. We "broke it in" on Father's day and invited one of Walter's brothers, who requested that I make Gumbo.
|1/2 way through a double-recipe. It might not look that great in a photo, but trust me, it's a HUGE HIT whenever I make it.|
|Now that's more like it...Turbo serving s'mores to his dad!|
- Running - Since last Tuesday, I've logged 13 miles including 6 miles with Walter and the SDTC on Saturday.
- One of the coaches at the track club workout gave some exceedingly good advice about form and breathing. His idea was to lead with your core (basically, he told us to put our hand on our center...then pull our shirts. This is what we should be thinking about when we run. It conserves energy. I'll admit, that typically I am kinda a bouncy when I run and this is a humongous waste of energy, so I focused on pushing myself forward. I credit his advice to my 10:25 pace!
- It is, amazingly, only 4 more long runs until the SF 1/2 Marathon on July 25!
- I registered for the Long Beach 1/2 Marathon today...the third race in the California Dreamin' series.
- Some of you may be asking...where is the REST of the Herd? Well...Elsie is in Greece. Betty is busy with summer registration. Mik teaches in a year round school, so I imagine she is still teaching. I'm sure we'll meet up soon!
OK...back to work now!