This was one of those weeks. Next week looks to be about the same.
- Started teaching summer school this week...Monday and Wednesday nights are now booked for the next 7 weeks.
- Turbo's final little league game was Tuesday night. They lost, which while being a little sad, just meant that I wouldn't be missing the final game of the season, which if they'd won, they'd have played on Wednesday night (see first bullet point).
- DramaGirl started Junior Lifeguard Camp on Wednesday morning, which means I'm driving to the beach every morning at 7:00 am.
- Turbo "promoted" from elementary school Thursday morning. I am now the mother of two middle school students. Lord help me.
- Bought a new camera to replace the one that inexplicably died during the last Flat Tire Incident.
- Took bike to bike store. Bike dude tells me that the flat tires are probably due to under-inflation and not the bike.
- After looking at the tire-valve hole, bike-store dude also tells me "your hole is pretty big." To which I respond "yeah, that was part of the problem on Sunday, but my friends and I learned that if you hold the shaft at the base and pump carefully, it helps."
- Bike store dude just looks at me and says, "uh, yeah."
- Went to the Alex Smith Foundation Fundraiser Thursday night (nice event). Watched Wilma win a ski vacation in Utah and am soooooooo jealous.
- Have two "Thank God The School Year is Over" parties to attend this afternoon-evening. One with parents of Turbo's friends, the second with The Herd. I imagine I'll laugh more at the second one (yes, I'm going to try to get to both).
Workout highlights for the week (yes, I did get some workouts in):
- Monday - Started new Wii Active Personal Trainer - Quite the workout! Swam 30 minutes (This was at the pool in my backyard, which isn't a lap pool, so I try to log time rather than laps...)
- Tuesday - Wii Personal Trainer - 35 minutes
- Wednesday - Ran 4 miles
- Thursday - Swam 45 minutes
- Friday - Bike - 12 miles (50 minutes...fast for me!)
OK...that's it, just thought I'd let ya'all know that I'm not lost to the universe or anything...just amazingly busy for a summer month in which I thought I'd have PLENTY of time on my hands...my life just doesn't seem to work out that way. I do have photos to accompany many of these bullet points, but they'll just have to wait. I gotta go get ready for PARTIES!!!
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and good luck to all the racers....and especially to RBR who is doing the Ironman Coeur d'Alene this weekend. You go girl!