Here are some of our finer moments...
BBJ...mostly his arm...in blue
Fly like the wind Mik
Me and my new friend John...
One of the great things about the track club (besides having a personal photographer) is meeting new people. I ran most of the time within a few steps of this guy. We ended up running the last mile together. At this point, about 2.5 miles into the run, I didn't realize he was right behind me.
Betty. I thought she was nuts for wearing shorts. Turned out to be a good decision.
Elsie...bummed that she forgot her sunglasses (yeah, that sun reflecting off the wet streets? Brutal!)
Couldn't find a trackclub picture of Santiago, but that may be because the photographer is afraid of him.
Other news this week in semi-long-bullet format
- Have I mentioned, after all my whining and bitching and moaning about what a crazy teaching schedule I had last fall, I have THE BEST schedule this spring. My Tuesday/Thursday course load is pretty full (I teach almost straight through from 9am to 4pm) but the rest of the week is SUH-WHEEEEET. On Monday I just have two short classes, with a nice long break between and on Wednesday, I have a one hour class at 8am, and then I'm done teaching for the day...which gives me lots of time on Wednesdays to get planned, grade papers, and, of course, mess around on the blog and on FB.So...you can probably expect regular Wednesday posts (and comments) from me for the next couple of months. Ah...midweek Heffernews. Can't wait!
- The herd IS running Surf City 1/2 in two weeks. Yes, I'm crazy for even attempting it, but I can't have the herd going to Orange County without me!
- You'll definitely read more of my ranting about my crazy weekend next week, but suffice it to say that next Friday-Sunday should be EXCITING as I fly from one city to the next, one event to the next. Three events, three cities, two days. Should be fun.
- Penny is being an absolute ROCKSTAR-GODDESS, and is picking up the herd's race bibs and tags from the Surf City expo for us, since none of the herd will be in HB (Huntington Beach) the day before the race. She is an honorary heffer for this!
- I have continued being a GymRat and have been to the gym on both Monday and Tuesday nights.
- Tonight is the SDTC track workout. The three person relay...can't wait for THAT!
- This weekend's long run is in Carlsbad. I love running in Carlsbad. I didn't do the Carlsbad 1/2 last week, so this will have to suffice.
- An finally...one of my best friends from high school/college has started a fitness blog called Training to be a Superhero and she has one lonely follower (me). If you've got a few seconds, go check her out. She is completely a funny and entertaining writer and you'll love her. I promise.