Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another (Almost) Wordless Wednesday

As I've written several times recently. I grew up in Reno, so I grew up skiing (LOTS) and every winter I do miss the snow and skiing ...not enough to move back there and have to live with it, but enough...

Therefore, because Walter and I such a great parents, we took our kids out of school yesterday (after being back ONE FULL DAY) to go skiing. We did this to avoid the holiday crowds (and the holiday prices!) We went to a little resort called Snow Valley. We sometimes call it Dirt Valley, because the first year we went there, there was snow only on the very center of the runs...all man made snow at that...and you really had to watch out for all the dirt (skis don't slide so well on dirt)...Ahhhh...such is life when you ski in SoCal.

Yesterday it was cold, but sunny and there was plenty of (mostly man made) snow.

Me and Turbo

Me and DramaGirl

Me and Walter

That white spot isn't snow; it's underwear. I took this picture from the lift. HTF does underwear get into a tree?

DramaGirl and Turbo on top of the car at the end of the day (see...no dirt in the background...plenty of snow).

OK...that's close to wordless for me...

13 comments:

  1. We used to do that with our kids, I mean, take them out of school for a day and go skiing. It looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and pics too. You word count was awesome. Did you see how "wordless" my recent training strategy diatribes were? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMAO! You wanted to roll with the kids after all that vacation time together?! HAHA

    Looks great chica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (laughing at marcy's comment) you ARE fun parents.
    I so plan to be that way when mine is in school too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, I am looking forward to when both of ours can hit the hills with us...a few years to go though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww what a blast! I am sure it is a memmory they will cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll tell ya how underwear get in a tree: It's called tequila!

    Looks like you had a fun family day of skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was alot of words! But I'm sure your kids think they are the luckiest kids around!!! Nothing better than mom and dad taking them out od school to go ski!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I knew you were looking for some snow I could have easily sent you a few inches! I love the underwear in the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the HM training advice! I will take it all into consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No one could stay mum after discovering whitie tighties in the trees?!

    ReplyDelete