Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hip Report 2... Live! from Vegas!

Just a quick report. I'm in Vegas tonight, so that I can to to some doctor's appointments with mom tomorrow morning. Gotta blog from the iPhone, 'cuz the 'rents don't have a wireless network...although I guess I could use dad's iMac... This seems more appropriate somehow...like I'm covertly blogging from my old bedroom (even though it's not my old bedroom, nor am I sleeping in my old bed...but, I digess...).

First if all... Can I just say that I love Vegas? Best people watching city EVAH!!! Highly entertaining peeps on the airport tonite. My faves were the woman wearing red leopardskin tights and ugg boots... Or another woman who was being transported to her gate on a dolly... I kid you not..

Anyway, the hip...oh yeah...that. The physical therapist called me back yesterday (monday). He told me if my hip hurt, I shouldn't run (a little "duh" there, right?) but he can't see me until Friday to do any further diagnosis...GAH!

Here's the weird part. Most of the time, my hip doesn't hurt. Yesterday afternoon, I was feeling a little antsy, so I even did some yoga. (Rodney Yee's, Yoga for Athletes...a good stretching DVD). Nothing hurt. In fact, the only time I remember that I have this little hip issue is when I WALK...then I do feel some tension, especially when I first start walking (BTW McCarran Airport in Vegas is ENORMOUS! So I walked some tonight).

So...I'm going to go for a walk in the am and I'll do some stretches...see how it feels. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about Carlsbad...or I'm in denial...

Again thanks for all your happy-hip thoughts and for believing in hip fairies for me...I really have appreciated all of your advice and comments!

17 comments:

  1. I love the Vegas airport! It is always good for a few laughs.

    I hope there is nothing wrong with the hip and you are back running soon. I have that Rodney Yee DVD but I have never done it. I think I need too.

    Hope all goes well with your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the hip keeps feeling good! Never been to Vegas, but it's on my long list of must-do's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all is going pretty well and nothing too serious. I ran the other day on a pair of old, shit shoes and now I'm paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, only walking/running hurts it? Looks like some cross training is in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry the hip is still giving you probs. But hey, you're in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get that hip figured out.

    I love, love, love people watching. Oh my gosh, do these people not own mirrors? Vegas is the perfect spot for that.

    Hope your mom's dr appt goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Vegas. Hope the hip gets back to 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you could try a short run and see how that goes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Vegas is a great place for people watching and I truly think the airport has some of the best moments. The Strip is great, but you almost expect people to put on bizarre outfits there. The airport always surprises me with someone who has come up with a combination that seems so anti-travel-friendly to me... it's great!

    I love yoga and I've wondered about the Rodney Yee one. I may have to look into that one sometime.

    Good luck to your mother and to you in Carlsbad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the hip is a 100% soon. Also, love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never been to Vegas! IT's defintely on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keeping my fingers crossed for your hip! Enjoy Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That airport is huge. It seems to go on forever and ever. Then there are the slot machines as you exit...the people watching is prime there. I always feel so much better about myself hehe.

    Let us know tomorrow what the PT has to say. Keep stretching and walking a bit, at least you'll keep it loose.

    I hope that your mom's appointments are OK. Get home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you have a good visit with the fam fam. I am glad it seems that your hip is feeling better.

    I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let me know if you're going to Carlsbad. I'd love to meet up with you, if just to say hi, after the race.

    Maybe I'll email you, if I can' find your addy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vegas is definitely interesting!

    Good luck with the hip.

    ReplyDelete