Friday, January 30, 2009

Foto Friday & Carlsbad 1/2

Can't help but make one last mention of last Sunday's Carlsbad 1/2 marathon...I may end up dwelling on it for awhile as it appears that it was my last run for a couple weeks ((weep, weep, weep)).

That being said, for NikeMom's Foto Friday, I've got some pix from Brightgroom (which posted their photos quite quickly earlier this week), and since I'm shameless in "borrowing" from any race photographer, heeeeeeeere's the herd.

Betty and me, all smiles.

We did get lots of face time from Brightgroom phtographers, which I suspect is due in part to the fact that we I tend to wave like a dork whenever we I see a camera, AND that we were wearing the day-glo lime green shirts. Alissa asked where they came from. They are Race Ready shirts and in addition to being obnoxiously bright, they are really, truly comfortable, lightweight running shirts. None of us would have worn them through all these races if they weren't also comfy, that's for sure (well...BBJ didn't wear his, but I think that he doesn't like the color; not the shirt itself). I also have their running shorts...which have a bunch of pockets on the outside. Not very flattering, but extremely useful.

Betty and I purchased these at the 2007 AFC 1/2 Marathon expo, but they're also available online. AND they'll do custom made shirts. During the race Betty and I talked about getting some personalized shirts made for the herd. We had some t-shirts made about a decade ago, so we have a really cool heffer-logo that we can use...stay tuned. (Soooo, since I've given them a huge shout-out, do you think the'll send me some freebies? Gosh, I hope so).

Our speedy Mik

Alberta, on her way to a PR

Me...I am happy :-)
Betty, with long sleeve shirt on...

Honorary heffer-dude, BBJ - no lime green for BBJ today.

Alberta, me, Betty...end of race (hmmmm, Alberta must have taken her compression shirt off as well??? Am I the only one who keeps her shirt on during a race?)

Hip Update: The hip is feeling better. The bruise is turning a really pretty deep-purple color, and the edges are starting to green, which is a good thing, I think. Here's the really strange part (as if all of this isn't kinda odd). I wore jeans yesterday, and they seem to have left their mark on my hip as well.

Can you see that lovely vertical mark going up the center of the bruise? I'm pretty sure that's a mark left by the inseam on my jeans (and no...I'm not wearing hottie, skin-tight jeans. They're just regular jean, but they certainly made an impression !).

I had NOOOO idea that I bruised this easily. Still...I'm doing lots of icing, stretching, more icing...I'm also noticing that I need to clean my mirrors :-))

There's a 10K tomorrow that I'm registered for with the track club...No, I'm not going to run. I've learned my lesson. The PT said bike riding is OK, so I think I'll take my bike to the bay and ride there while the herd is running...I can also be an unofficial photographer

I also went back to RoadRunner Sports yesterday and exchanged my shoes...back to the NB 1224's...Unfortunately, they only had the really obnoxious fuscia-pink color. I won't be using them for a few more days. I'm hoping on Tuesday to start back in with some easy walk/run/walk therapy.

On a side note: This will be my 15th post this month. That's a record for me and probably occurred as a result of me having most of the month off. I'm sure I'll be back to my twice a week schedule now that I'm back to teaching. I have no idea how some of you, who work full time (some of you even teach) and post every day or every couple days or so, do it. (But I'm glad you do!)

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun run! I can't wait for mine in May....that bruise is wicked looking! I've seem some pretty bad things-nice shade of purple...wait 'till it changes to that yucky yellow color in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. Looks like you all had a great time. I hope that bruise fades soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics, hope that leg keeps healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures!!

    Ouch! I can not get over how huge that bruise is. Yeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shirts...already have the link opened in another window. I always try to make my friends and family wear something bright so we can easily be spotted (and picked up off the street, if need be.)

    I can't believe your hip is still bruised so badly. I thought of you last night as I was rolling, thinking, dadgum, I better not be rolling too hard.

    The jeans totally did that. Your blood pools around the seam. Gross, huh. I hope it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks, cause it is not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, this makes me a total dork, but my run shoes are lime green and your are hot pink. So that means that now it will be like I have a little Team Heffer on when I run and you have a little Team RBR on when you run!

    I know, I told you, total dork!

    I will be back later after I get rid of these damn teenagers, to comment on that epic bruise... it is Friday afterall! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well the green is nice than the purple for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look so happy, having fun, running!

    I just don't know what to say about that bruise, other than I hope it actually looks worse than it feels. :)


    I'll look for your riding around! I hope you're back, running on the trail with us SOON!

    Ditto on the blogging. I'll be cutting WAY back in February.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have to check out MY pics at the race...kinda funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the pics. You all look so happy and your havin' some FUN!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Question... do the pockets on the RaceReady shorts bounce around a lot? I've always thought it looked very convenient to have all those pockets, but wondered if they would be awkward.

    Great photos, you look like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun. Thanks so much for sharing your pics. ;) I hope that bruise heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, I'm a pharmacist and a hypochondriac so I always alarm myself unnecessarily, but I'm a little worried about how easily you bruised. Have you been to the Dr for bloodwork recently?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was actually in Carlsbad this past weekend, but not to race. That did look like a fun race, pictures tell it all

    ReplyDelete