Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fabu, Fabu

I've been tagged twice in the last week, but I've been so busy moaning about my life that I haven't responded. In all honesty, I'm sorta sick of hearing myself whine about my sorry  hip. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

And thanks to Anne and Lisa for tagging me with the "Your Blog is Fabulous" Award. I'm really quite flattered. It's a very sweet honor and I love both of their blogs as well (so I guess I'm fabu, fabu this week).

So, here's my list of five things I'm currently addicted to:

1. Blogging and reading all your blogs. - I took an online quiz that said I was only 61% addicted, but I think it was being generous. Let my kids and hubby tell you how much time I spend doing this....it's baaaaaad.

2. Running (duh) - I've never felt my addiction so genuinely as this week when I couldn't run and I've been going through DTs all week (medical lingo from my mom for withdrawal symptoms. I think its some kind of latin for delirium tempors....or the shakes).

3. Ciabatta bread - I keep trying and trying to give up some carbs...especially what I call the "white foods" (white bread, sugar, white rice, potatoes). I do really well until I'm in Trader Joes and I see the loaf of Ciabatta...there's something about that airy, almost sourdough taste that makes me buy it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I could eat a whole loaf, I swear it.

4.  Real Housewives of Orange County - I know, it's hard to admit it publicly, but I am absolutely addicted to this train-wreck of a show. It's like slowing down to look at a car accident. I know I shouldn't look, but I can't help myself.

5. Coffee - Absolutely addicted to this. I know it's wrong, but I just can't get my day started without it.

So I'm tagging (although it was difficult, because I think almost everyone's been tagged...and I think all your blogs are fabu, fabu, but just in case. Here's some shout outs to a couple who haven't blogged about being fabulous yet.

Yas - Who is running the Carlsbad 1/2 marathon tomorrow morning too...and I hope we finally get a face to face meeting.
Reluctant Runner - Who was my first blog-friend, since we ran our first marathons within a week of one another.
Al - because no matter what, she makes me laugh at her running adventures...and her dog named Guiness.
Vickie - She saved my life this week with her awesome stretching advice. My hip is sooooo much better thanks to her advice.
RBR - I'm pretty sure she's been tagged already too, but I just love her blog, and that fact that I can always see that she's online on a Friday night...such is the life of a teacher, and I know that's the first time all week she's really had to go online.

Looking forward to tomorrow's Carlsbad 1/2 and running into (haha) Penny, Yas, & Lisa.

Unrelated to my addictions, I thought I'd post one photo of the shwag picked up from the expo...I've never gotten a loaf of bread before!

Woot! Woot! Woot!

14 comments:

  1. seriously the loaf of bread made me laugh!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clif bars.....yum!
    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the same bread addiction, only mines semolina that I buy at a bakery near here. And, though not addicted, if I see those Housewives on TV, I can't seem to turn the show off. Heck, I even watched those whiners in NY and the goofy gals from Atlanta during some Bravo marathon weekend. They all make me grateful I am who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck today at Carlsbad! Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The loaf of bread is pretty funny. I think I could have gotten a loaf at the PF Chang's expo, but there was a massive line at the Oroweat booth and you had to play some "spin the wheel" game to win a loaf. I wasn't THAT hard up for bread by the time I found that!

    Good luck (of course, you're probably done running now)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO! GO! GO! Great addictions by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are fabulous. Good luck, or, better yet how did it go today?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list of things you can't live without!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just checked everybody's results! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the race report. Love the list. I don't drink coffee, but don't get between me and my diet coke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha, 61% addicted, LOL! And they gave a loaf of bread as swag???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, I'm so happy you tagged me. I'll get right on it!

    Congratulations on your half, you gutsy woman, you!!

    ReplyDelete