Thursday, April 24, 2008

No running - just whining about testing in the gym

So, today, we tested almost 300 students in the gym...almost four hours...two different science tests...three different grade levels... fed some of them pizza...and got most of them out of the gym in time for lunch...with no major mishaps...

Well, except I owe a blanket apology to several test proctors who I pretty much growled at...including the social worker who had a group of three kids at the front of the room (I’m not sure, but I think they may have been late arrivals, or we were trying to locate their answer documents, or there was some other issue...About which I didn’t really care, I just wanted their behinds in a chair...and I couldn’t understand why they were STANDING UP at the front of the room!!!)...so I nearly bit her head off with a snarly “WHAT ARE ALL THESE KIDS DOING UP HERE” (glare at the social worker) “YOU NEED TO GET THEM TO SIT DOWN!...

Ooops....

Of course there was also another test proctor who asked me, no less than three times, if students could get out their phones and iPods when they were done testing (NO...NO....NO).

And why is it that some test proctors feel it necessary to converse with students (these same students who we are trying to keep quiet) as they finish testing.

Is it over yet? I’m getting cranky...

Can you believe that I’m the buffer???

BBJ
Sounds like you need some stress relief. How about a 20 mile run tomorrow?
Friday, April 25, 2008 - 05:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment